Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Owned







OWNED

35mm analog
black and white
macro


I literally eat my brain out to come up with these images that capture the meaning of my conception. What's it all about? It speaks of every single aspect of this amazing, brilliant world where I live a not so amazing life. I walked around downtown trying to capture the emotions, the very single personality of the individual that walks on Yonge st.Rather they walk with their Uggs boots, Coach purses, TNA bags, Prada purses, and those Timberland boots, and those other non-creative brands that are shockingly expensive. I wonder, those people.. tsk,I mean what the F, do you just let your high finance over power who you are? They are basically duplicates, in my opinion anyways. And what about those people that have hundreds of condos, and don't even live in them? What's the meaning of owning so much? I guess it's all the pride that matters.

This photographs are just my illustration of how i portray those behaviors. It is not the most literal photos, but that's howI like my art to be. The pieces are basically Monopoly's little houses placed on humans surfaces. As you know, I'm sure you have played plenty of monopoly games back in the days, when you play monopoly, where you basically place those little houses on the land property that you have owned. This basically portray how people own themselves with those high-end fancy financial status, without them noticing, they have spoiled themselves. Spoiled your own identity.

.in my eyes.


1 comment: